OUR STORY AND CURRENT SERVICES
Westcoast Child Development Group Inc. was founded in 2003 and brought together a multidisciplinary team of experienced mental health professionals who worked with pre-school and school-age children, youth, young adults, and families.
Over the years we have grown with our clients and as these children grew up, we expanded and focussed our services to meet the needs of this older population. Now, our highly experienced Registered Psychologists provide ADHD and Autism assessments and CBT focussed therapies for youth 16 to 18 and adults of all ages. Our Registered Clinical Counsellor provides emerging adults 18 to 25 with specialized services supporting career exploration and life stage planning, post-secondary academic strategizing and overall mental health treatments and also offers parent consultation for parents of youth and young adults.
The clinicians at Westcoast Child Development Group provide:
- Individual, couple and family therapy
- Professional consultation
- Workshops/Training for parents, clinicians, and educators
Clinicians work therapeutically with individuals experiencing:
- Anxiety (social anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, generalized anxiety)
- Social skills difficulties
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder
- Learning disabilities
- Behavioural concerns (e.g., school refusal, aggression)
- Academic struggles
- Family and/or partner relationship challenges
- Concerns related to developmental and life stage transitions
- Many of our clinicians have expertise in working with and assessing those on the Autism Spectrum providing relevant therapies and assessment for youth 16 to 18 years and adults of all ages.
Mental health issues impact a number of areas of day-to-day functioning and we are often asked to provide consultation to schools, mental health facilities, and employers.
At the Westcoast Child Development Group we work hard to ensure that the most up-to-date assessment and empirically-supported clinical treatments are provided.
Our team are all registered clinicians who are governed by their respective licensure bodies and strive to maintain a high degree of professionalism.